I love seeing these things in magazines so when I was emptying out my purse after a long week of filming segments for FAWN for NYFW I decided to snap a photo and share what I carried around with me and why.
1. Studded Studio City Purse by Zara – Looks like it’s more expensive than it is. It’s chic and edgy all at once and matches with so many different outfits. You can dress it up or down. Very versatile. Got a ton of complements on it every time I wore it. You can still find it here: http://bit.ly/Ry9DyH
2. iPad 2 – I use this to keep track of my schedule, read books, and do last minute research while stuck in traffic on the way to a show or to interview someone.
3. iPhone & Blackberry – How I keep in touch and update social media, check emails, and texts. iPhone is my main squeeze. Blackberry is my backup.
4. iPod – I usually use my phone to listen to music but often that just unnecessarily sucks up a lot of battery. Lately, I’ve been using my iPod to listen to audio books.
5. Maybelline FIT Concealer, Anastasia Brow Pencil, VS Makeup Brilliant Lip Shine in “Breathless” – Concealer on hand to conceal dark circles under the eyes or any imperfections on the go. Brow pencil in case it fades or rubs off somehow. Loving Victoria’s Secret beauty products lately and I really like this gloss. Perfect for when I’m looking for some shine.
6. VS Makeup Lipstick in “Absolute” and Rosebud Mint Lip Salve – I really like this lipstick color. It’s a nice muted mauve nude. And you can never go wrong with Rosebud Lip Salves when your lips are dry.
7. Anti-bacterial hand-sanitizing wipes, and travel-sized Toothbrush, toothpaste, and dental floss – I’m a bit of a germaphobe. After shaking so many people’s hands and touching doorknobs and buttons, I need to sanitize my hands. Especially before a meal. I also am paranoid about dental hygiene so I like to carry toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, and sometimes even a little bottle of mouthwash with me. Days are long so after drinking coffee or grabbing a bite to eat it’s hard to be confident talking to people when you haven’t had a chance to refresh your mouth.
8. Blotting Papers – Mine are from Shiseido. When you’re on camera a lot, shine is the enemy! I don’t like to pile on powder because it can just get cakey after a while and make your skin look dead. Most of the time, all you need is to just absorb any excess oil and shine. Plus, these take up almost no space in your purse. Never leave home without these on hand!
9. Tarina Tarantino Crystalized Mirror & a hair elastic – If you’re going to touch up in public, you might as well do it in style! Also, I try to carry around a hair elastic, a clip, or bobby pins with me because my hair tends to get in my face a lot and annoy me!
10. Keys attached to a sparkly J. Crew bracelet – I hate most keychains I’ve come across so I like to use bracelets to hold my keys. This one from J. Crew is perfect.
11. Canon S100 – Takes fantastic photos. I wish that it was a tad skinnier than it is, but the quality of the photos that it takes makes up for it. I’d rather carry this around than a bulky SLR. This is the next best thing. (By the way, if you have the s95 there’s practically no noticeable difference between the two cameras. I bought this one because I had lost my s95. Long story!)
12. Business cards, cash, ID, and credit cards – For obvious reasons.
13. Duracell Powermat – Power is extremely important. I don’t have to carry around my actual charger. It’s pretty compact, too. I’ve heard of actual cases that charge your phone, too but I haven’t tried them.
14. An actual pen and a pen that works with iPads – Sometimes you have to write something down or sign something. Instead of cringing at the taxi driver’s pen when I have to sign my receipt, I have my own.
15. A Travalo – It’s a mess-free way to transfer your perfume into a tiny, travel-friendly bottle. Sometimes, you just need a fragrant moment. There’ve also been many times I’ve left the house and forgot to spritz myself. I feel naked without a little perfume.